Local landscaper, Signature Landscapes, was the recipient of the most prestigious award for Northern Nevada landscapers; the President’s Award, for their work at the renowned Schaffer’s Mill Sports Complex in Truckee, California. Receiving the award during the Nevada Landscape Association’s annual award gala, was Tim Laskowski, construction manager for the landscape contractor.
Signature’s installation team was responsible for all aspects of hardscape (paver and stonework) around the entire complex including the pool area and the extensive labyrinth of pathways throughout the 7.4-acre clubhouse village. The complex includes a pool, hot springs bathing area, several restaurants, a sports shop, large fitness center and Schaffer’s Square, a community gathering spot.
The company’s work for the sports complex was also recognized for several other outstanding awards. Signature was awarded 1st Place for the Hardscape Installation category; receiving a perfect 10 on the scoring chart – an achievement rarely seen in the award’s history.
The Schaffer’s Mill work also received the Environmental Award for acute awareness for building water efficient and environmentally balanced landscapes that do not sacrifice the quality of the design nor the quality of life for the project overall.
Finally, the company also took home the Large Commercial Installation for the project.
“We’ve never seen one of our projects sweep the top of the field like the Schaffer’s Mill project,” said Laskowski. “It’s a testament to every facet of our installation team, from our guys in the trenches to the managers running the big picture, they really stepped up and took this landscape to heart!”
Signature Landscapes was the recipient of several other awards at the event such as their first place work for Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, and a number of residential homes. The company was awarded the President’s Trophy last year for their work on the large Shakespeare Ranch property in Glenbrook, Tahoe.
2013 NEVADA LANDSCAPE ASSOCIATION AWARDS for Signature Landscapes
- Presidents Award: Schaffer’s Mill Sports Complex
- Environmental Award: Schaffer’s Mill Sports Complex
- Large Commercial Installation: Schaffer’s Mill Sports Complex
- 1st Place Hardscape Installation: (perfect 10) Schaffer’s Mill Sports Complex
- Large Commercial Installation: Lyon County Detention Facility
- 1st Place Large Commercial Maintenance: Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center
- 1st Place Large Residential Installation: Enloe Residence – ALSO OUTDOOT LIFESTYLE AWARD WINNER for The 2013 BANNer Awards!
- 3rd Place Large Commercial Maintenance: Reno Corporate Center
- 2nd Place Medium Commercial Maintenance: Sandhill Business Center
- 1st Place Small Residential Installation: Lumsden Residence