Jim Stanhouse, manager of Signature Landscapes’ pest control division attended the Sacramento Workshop for pest control professionals. The educational program emphasized two tracks in the field of pesticide management: Understanding the Rodenticide Mitigation Label Changes and Regulatory Updates, which focused on reducing children’s exposure to rodenticides, protecting wildlife from primary and secondary poisoning, and reducing home-owner miss use.
The second track was the highly acclaimed Integrated Pest Management for Home Gardeners and Landscape Professionals program, focusing on maintaining a healthy, vigorously growing lawn as the best way to prevent disease outbreak in turfgrass.
Stanhouse is a licensed pest control professional with more than 10 years experience in the application of pest control or pesticides. His licenses include the following:
- Ornamental and Turf Control – The control of insects, weeds, vertebrates and plant diseases and the use of plant regulators on ornamental and turf in urban areas.
- Industrial and Institutional – Control in and around industrial complexes, institutional complexes and dwelling units.
- Aquatic – The control of insects, weeds and vertebrates in aquatic areas.
- Right-of-way – The control of weeds in the maintenance of rights-of-ways, public roads, power lines pipelines and railway rights-of-ways.
- Maintenance Gardener Pest Control Business – Authorizes the use or supervision of the use of pesticides in work as a maintenance gardener.
Understanding all facets of the pesticide industry is critical in Signature’s operation and the company strives to ensure education is one of the most important tools to manage today’s challenging pest control operation.