A Nevada Landscaper Proud to Serve Our Community
The vision for our organization
We want to be a true Community supporter in all we do. We support the causes our employees want to be involved in; we support causes our clients ask for support on; and we support those causes that appeal to our owner’s sense of community and the business.
Why it’s important to serve Northern Nevada.
Stewardship: It’s our business to install and care for residential and commercial landscapes to soften landscapes of the Truckee Meadows and add lush sense of ‘home’ for every property. We strive to provide ecologically sound landscape maintenance operations. For example, we have instigated an organic care program for landscapes we maintain and are actively encouraging clients to move toward a more organic landcare model.
In order to protect and maintain the valuable watershed we live in, we utilize and implement water savings programs to not only save costs for our clientele, but to protect this scarce resource.
Signature utilizes only site specific plant health care programs rather than blanket spraying of chemicals as it a dominant practice in our industry, in an effort curb pollutants to our water table.
Employee Education: We lead the way in industry education by way of professionally/nationally certifying more employees in proper landscape practices with the Landscape Certified credential by way of the Nevada Landscape Association (NLA) than all the rest of the companies combined in the State.
Furthermore, our commercial manager, Jim Stanhouse, who has been with the company for 16 years, was recently honored the Lifetime Achievement Award by the NLA last November due to his tireless advocacy and administration of the NLA certification program. His efforts have singlehandedly improved the quality and competency of every local landscape service provided in the northern half of our State, spread across over 120 certified professionals in 20+ companies working today.
Leadership Reno Sparks (LRS) Advocate: At least five Signature employees have participated in the Chamber’s LRS Program, including one of our Managing Partners daughters, who participated in the Youth Leadership Program in 2012.
Environmental Leaders: Signature has created miles of riverbank restoration for projects such as the Truckee River levee project. We advocate for water-friendly Bio-Swales in commercial environments instead of gutters that lead to contaminated water runoff. Our leaders have held leadership positions in the Truckee Meadows Urban Forestry Coalition, Nevada Landscape Association, Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful, and we have installed some of the earliest and largest reclaimed water integration projects in residential areas, such as D’Andrea in Sparks and Double Diamond in South Reno.
GIving back to our community
- Signature Landscapes is an advocate for maintaining and improving the incredible quality of life we enjoy in the region. Our employees are active at the board level of community organizations such as Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful (KTMB) and the Illegal Dumping Task Force.
- Each year, employees work to clean up the open spaces for Great Truckee Meadows Community Cleanup.
- Signature Landscapes is the 2X Donation Match sponsor for KTMB’s annual donation drive helping to raise more than $25,000 additional dollars for clean-up efforts across the Truckee Meadows.
- We were Corporate Co-Chairs for the 2010 Northern Nevada Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) Walk to Cure Diabetes. Helping to raise more than $270,000 for the local organization.
Signature Landscapes is the key sponsor for the Nevada Humane Society (NHS) ‘Lights of Love’ program. In addition to donating holiday lighting and décor for the event’s adoption centers across the Truckee Meadows, our fundraising partnership has helped elevate annual giving to this program by $18,000 annually.
- Our mow crews provide free landscape care and beautification services to a number of non-profit organizations such as :
- Casa de Vida: providing a home and support services for pregnant teens
- Ronald McDonald House: helping families with a place to live while caring for a hospitalized child
- CARE Chest of Sierra NV: local agency serving individuals in need by providing medical resources, free of charge
- Veteran’s Guest House: Providing our veterans a roof over their head when receiving medical treatment
- Our crews work with the Hot August Nights Coat Drive to solicit coat donations from our customers every year.
- Crews help to prepare the Great Reno Balloon Race parking area for the Reno Rotary which donates proceeds to their non-profits of choice.
- Our teams are constantly encouraged to reach out and participate when called upon. This comes by way of dozens of smaller projects that affect our employees, our clients and many other families. From donating to the Nevada Military Support Alliance, to helping local schools to prepare soccer fields, to donating to High School teams, to coaching for local soccer clubs, our company sits on a solid foundation of community support.